When life gets into a rhythm, things can start to feel a bit dull. This can happen at any time of the year, but for many families the routine of life kicks in right around back to school time. This is also when many couples forget to be available for romance! It is easy to skip date night with all the things on your to do list, but do not do it! With a little effort you will be able to enjoy the return of routine while keeping the romance alive.
Let us look at the ways you can fit romance into everyday life without stress or tons of free time.
- Regular date nights will give you a brief escape from life with none of the pressure. Pick a day of the week and make that your official date night. This does not need to be an extravagant plan, in fact simple and relaxing is the goal.
- After dinner walks may become your favorite part of the day if you make it a couple’s outing. This is a fantastic way to get some alone time, chat about the day and connect as a couple. Just remember you are not trying to work out, it is your time to chat with your partner!
- At-home movie night might not sound romantic, but it can be. Remember when you were dating, and you made your first dinner for your partner? Pick a movie, make, or order your favorite meal and recreate that feeling anytime you want.
- Happy hours may be a popular activity for coworkers after a long day, but they can also be a great couple’s activity. Plan to meet your partner after work for a drink and unwind together over drinks.
- Ordering in is easier than ever and you can get a lot more than pizza delivered these days. So instead of cooking or driving for pick up, order in! This gives everyone the night off and can turn a hectic evening into a calm one.
- Go to a wine tasting or mini-pub crawl. You do not have to drink too much or spend all night on the town to enjoy these fun couple of activities. Go outside your comfort zone by hitting up pubs you have never been to or tasting things you do not normally drink.
- Treat yourself to some new lingerie and skip the baggy shirt for bed. This slight change can help you feel confident and break up the nightly routine. Try something you would not usually try, from new colors to styles you have never dared try!
There is no way to escape the routine of daily life, but that does not mean it has to take the fun out of your relationship. By finding ways to incorporate more activities into your routine, you will feel more connected. So, schedule a bit of romance and shake up that routine a bit, we promise you will not regret it!